"Peace begins with each of us taking care of our body and mind every day."
-Thich Nhat Hanh -
- Be yourself.
- Do not compare yourself to others.
- Practice with sincerity, not seriousness.
- Be curious and feel free to ask questions.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Ideally, practice in the morning or avoid eating 3 hours before practice.
- Drink about 15 minutes before practice and wait 15 minutes after practice to drink again. Stay adequately hydrated throughout the day.
- Wear comfortable and flexible clothing, no socks.
- During menstruation, take a break or practice gently. Avoid inversions and deep stretches.
- If practicing in the morning, shower beforehand; a lot of detoxification happens through the skin overnight. Water is sufficient, soap is not necessary to rinse off what the body is eliminating. If you'd like to learn more about yogic cleansing practices (kriyas), feel free to ask me.
- Do you have blood pressure issues? Consult your doctor to determine if Aṣṭāṅga Vinyāsa Yoga is suitable for you. Alternatively, you're welcome to join my Prāṇāyāma class.
- Nourish yourself as diversely and compassionately as possible. Eat only as much and as often as necessary and what truly serves you well.